Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Romano British Elites

I decided to try to paint the Romano British Elite unit first up, as it has a uniformity that is easier to paint than the more rag-tag Levy units.
Here are my efforts:


It still needs a coat of clear lacquer to seal everything in but other than that, the unit is done.
You can click on the image for a larger version, but that's only going to show up my poor painting skills.
I'm reasonably happy with the grey undercoat approach, and I also experimented with "dipping" these figures as well, which turned out pretty well also.  I plan to put up a quick guide (more as an aide memoir for myself) on how I did these.  At table distance, I think they look very convincing.

As I SLOWLY get the rest of the units ready for MicroDux; I'll be putting them up here.

In the interim, I still have a vast number of detail shots, that I need to post, of predominantly Heroics & Ros and Irregular Miniatures figures and vehicles that I have sampled over the last 12 months looking for items for this project and other future projects.  So expect a rather eclectic mix of these as well...

3 comments:

  1. I am liking how these are looking. I think this will make for a very sharp looking army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys!
    A lot more work to go but it's a start.

    ReplyDelete