Friday 14 January 2011

Irregular 6mm US Firebase

Okay folks, as promised here are some shots of the US Firebase I just picked up.
All of the bits you get:
As you can see, you get 2 sandbagged buildings, 2 tents, 2 piles of barrels, 6 sandbag walls, 4 gun emplacements and 6 defensive mounds with sharpened pickets.  Plus a flag.
Below is a quick attempt at a comparison shot using some of the 6mm Brit Para's I've been working, along with one of the ACAV's that I received in the same order.

Note that the thick base on the Para's causes the ACAV too look a little small (and the hut to be too short).  I think that once everything is at the same height it will look great.
For those of you who want to look at the components a little more closely, I've taken some more picks and put them in the Picasa album : http://picasaweb.google.com/scannablegoose/6mmTerrain#

3 comments:

  1. very nice system for a firebase. Are you going to mount it in foamboard and make it permanent or use it as piecemeal as you see fit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to permanently mount it.
    In two minds, as I'd like to construct a large firebase as a set piece for attacks, and this would require a fair bit more than what's in this set, and if I assemble it for all-round defence, I can't really integrate it into a larger firebase.
    Need to chase down that US Firebase Osprey again.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever finish your firebase? I'd be interested to see some photos as I'm embarking on the same project.

    ReplyDelete