Friday 21 January 2011

Irregular Vietnam Village

The other part of my Christmas buy turned up at the start of the week - some Heroics and Ros WW2 Germans.  More on them in a coming post...
Here are some pics I took of the Irregular Minis 6mm Vietnamese Village.  It wasn't until I got it all out of the bag that I realised how much there was!
Here it is with all the various bits:
 
And here I have close-ups of all of the constituent parts.  I particularly like the little wagon.  All pictures (including the one above) should zoom when clicked.

2 comments:

  1. Can you please tell about the Irregulars miniatures quality? I'm thinking about picking their Vietnam range but I'm a little bit scary about how they will look next to GHQ perfects. To me Irregulars look awful on the fotos. And aren't they a little too tough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Irregular stuff certainly has a reputation for being a bit rougher-looking, but painting up quite well. It certainly doesn't look as clean as the GHQ stuff.

    I don't have any of the GHQ stuff (too expensive), so I can't really compare for you. One thing I would note is that (according to the discussion on the 6mm Yahoo Group) the GHQ Vietnam Infantry are quite large - closer to 7-8mm, and so won't mix well with a lot of other ranges. I don't have any so I can't confirm.

    On the terrain front, some of the Irregular stuff needs a little clean-upof some flash, but generally I think it's pretty good. The exception here would be the houses on stilts, there appears to be some moulding issues around the doors and steps.

    I do have a number of items from the Irregular Vietnam Range pics are all here

    The three guys at the front in the title of my blog are Irregular Vietnam figures.

    ReplyDelete