Thursday 22 May 2008

Boots

Damn.
The "Font of All Knowledge" (wikipedia) has an article on the First Battle of Mogadishu that shows that I have the boots wrong.
Here is an image of Chalk Four showing the sandy coloured boots.
And also, the crew of Super Six Four.
Looks like I'll have to redo the boots in the sandy colour and make the base colour of the basing darker to provide contrast. I think I'll run a test on swapping the current two colours (boots and ground) and adding some fine sand to the base to see how it all comes together.
One final note, the Kommando Khaki looks a lot more green against the Goblin Green in the new figures I've just finished painting. I think I'll need to go back and add additional paint to attempt to provide the required contrast.
Photo below looks better than I thought it did last night though.

1 comment: